Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Second week at OTS

Hello! So far it's been a great second week of project. Today, in the morning, I participated in Senora's 8th grade Spanish class. She began a new lesson and we learned a whole new set of vocabulary words-- I wrote all of them down and have begun memorizing them. After, we watched a movie called "Don Quijote," in class; the movie is based on a novel that is very popular in Spanish culture.

Later, I sat in on Senora's 7th grade Spanish class. We also learned many vocabulary words in that one! Many of them had to do with the kitchen and items in that. I also wrote down all of the vocabulary words I learned in class today, and Senora even lent me the text book so I can learn more lessons on my own.

A really fun part of my day today was going to the first grade class. As I've mentioned in a previous blog, Senora uses "Symtalk" with the kids. Today, I was able to work with a group of about four first graders; we went outside of the class and sat at a table. I used the cards and the workbook and had my own little lesson with them! The night before I'd gone through the entire Symtalk workbook and lesson plans so I was able to teach it to them and practice building sentences with the first graders. It was really rewarding to be able to teach Spanish so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment