Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fourteenth Day of Project

Today I finished doing all the injections into the GC! and then I also finished recording the area under the peaks for all the graphs. After recording all the data I entered them on Excel and strated doing calculations to find the sum, the area of each component as a percentage of the total area. From then on I had to compare the percentages I got to the actual percentages (assuming that the solutions phase separated equally). I then made graphs out of the information, to compare it to the one I had made last week from the single phase separations, and to see if the UNIF had made the right assumptions in generating the data and graph I was using as a guide.


What's left is to discuss the graphs and the data with the Prof. and figure out the next step - whether I will have to redo some of the injections, or do some more data collection. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment